When our company chooses communities in which to build homes, we take a good look at the outdoor recreation opportunities our residents can enjoy. A great example of this is our Union Square Townhome Community in Aurora, Illinois with access to some of the best parks and forest preserves in Chicago’s western suburbs. We’d like to highlight two Aurora IL parks that provide family amenities and fun for all ages and interests.
Phillips Park covers 325 acres and is considered the crown jewel of Aurora IL parks. The park is home to a zoo, golf course, aquatic center, boat docks, dog park and a BMX/skate park.
- The Phillips Park Zoo offers free admission and features over 100 different animals representing 41 different species including bald eagles, a red tailed hawk, great horned owls, gray wolves, cougars and more.
- The championship caliber Phillips Park Golf Course is a fun and exciting 18-hole course that provides challenge for golfers of varying abilities.
- The popular 8,000-square-foot BMX/skate Park is one-of-a-kind in the Chicago area. Both beginners and advanced BMX’ers and skateboarders find a variety of challenging obstacles.
- Throughout the park, visitors can enjoy natural beauty and historical artifacts including a breathtaking sunken garden, World War I cannons, beautiful waterfalls and more.
Riveredge Park is known as your backyard away from home, but it offers so much more! Located at 360 N Broadway and with downtown Aurora as the backdrop, the park is just 3 miles of I-88.
- Its well-know 10-acre park concert pavilion features some of the best-known artists in the business and is also home to regional festivals.
- The riverwalk and bike paths provide a variety of options for walking, biking, running or taking a leisurely stroll through the park.
- The park’s naturalistic landscaping offers plenty of opportunities to fully appreciate nature.
- Food and beverages are available at the park at its Genoa Italian Concessions where visitors can enjoy a variety of meal, snack and drink selections. Outside food is also allowed at the park.
Summer is a great time to spend more time outdoors. We hope you’ll enjoy our local natural beauty and recreation in the area’s parks and forest preserves!
If you’re considering purchasing or building a new home, we would love the opportunity to discuss options available in our new construction homes! Please give us a call at 331.229.1140 or complete our online contact form. You can also join our e-list to get the latest information about our community and new home designs.