Union Square residents are within the Fox Valley Park District which offers many programs and maintains 164 parks and 45 miles of inter-connected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. For fishing enthusiasts and bird watchers, nearby Oakhurst Forest Preserve has a 55-acre lake that provides excellent opportunities for fishing and wildlife observation. To the east, McDowell Grove Forest Preserve provides hiking and biking trails as well as fishing and paddling in the West Branch of the DuPage River. The Illinois Prairie Path can be picked up from McDowell Grove and spans approximately 61 miles throughout Cook, DuPage and Kane Counties in northeastern Illinois.
- Just east of Route 59 and 83rd St. lies Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve, an ideal spot for residents wanting to stroll, bike, run or cross country ski its seven miles of trails.
- There is also an off-leash dog park for Rover and a model airplane field to enjoy on the Springbrook grounds.
- Enjoy everything happening at River Edge Park
- There’s also a great zoo to check out at Phillips Park Zoo
- Explore all the parks in the area by using the Aurora Park Finder
- Travel to downtown in just 43 minutes via the Express Metra on Rt 59
- For all other community info check out the Aurora Gov website